"Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light. Shine on you crazy diamond."
Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd
Johnny Rocket’s A-list jewellery career has taken him from Brisbane to London, via Sydney, Amsterdam, and Prague, and now back home to Australia again.
Over almost 30 years in Europe and the UK, Johnny has been regarded as one of Britain’s coolest jewellery designers, launching his own company – Johnny Rocket Jewellery in London’s East End in 1997.
At Johnny Rocket Jewellery, Johnny designed and produced collections that sold at Paul Smith, Liberty, and Colette. He created couture work for fashion catwalks and the music industry, for clients including Gucci, Basso & Brooke, Kylie Minogue, Julien MacDonald, Owen Gaster, Boy George, Jamiroquai, and The Darkness.
In 2005, he opened the exquisite Johnny Rocket Jewellery boutique in Greenwich, London, where he grew a reputation for quality bespoke service and fine craftmanship. He also earned industry kudos for spotting, nurturing and developing the best new jewellery talent, with his boutique stocking 50 of the best up-and-coming contemporary jewellery designers around.
Johnny also revelled in creative collaborations, which included working with Coca Cola and Selfridges on a Diet Coke Crystal Collection; Fender for its 60th Birthday “Born to Rock” exhibition; Swarovski Crystal on numerous fashion pieces; John Galliano milliner Stephen Jones and Snow Queen Vodka.
Read the full crazy-diamond story of how Johnny Rocket became Britain’s ‘Jeweller to the Stars’.
Or simply start shopping now to get your own piece of distinctive Johnny Rocket Jewellery.
Johnny Rocket’s awards:
- 1999 recipient of The British Fashion Council's NEWGEN
Johnny Rocket Jewellery’s boutique awards:
- Best Independent Retailer 2014 Bering Buyers Powers List
- Member Retail Jewellers' Top 10 Independent retailers 2014
- Jewellery Designer of the Year (Retail Jewellers' UK Jewellery Awards 2003-2008 finalist)
- Independent Retailer of the Year (Retail Jewellers' UK Jewellery Awards 2003-2008 finalist)
- Fashion Retailer of the Year (Retail Jewellers'UK Jewellery Awards 2003-2008 finalist)
Johnny Rocket Jewellery’s appointments:
- 2019: Freeman of the Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths, London
- 2018: Freedom of the City of London
- 2008-2017: British Hallmarking Council, Industry Representative
- 2008-2016: UK Jewellery Awards Judge
- 2008: Coutts London Jewellery Week Ambassador
- 2006: Exhibition and Design Consultant "Born to Rock" Guitar event Harrods London
- 2006: Global Angels Ambassador
- 1999: British Fashion Council NextGen 1999 winner